Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1GMT + 3 Heures Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf le Mer Jan 07, 2009 5:53 pm

kaouther

Modérateur
Modérateur
Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf, 2007 : A New House Mouse Subspecies from the Gaza Strip, Palestine
Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf, 2007 :
A New House Mouse Subspecies from the Gaza Strip, Palestine.*
By: Norman Ali Bassam Ali Taher Khalaf-Sakerfalke von Jaffa.
*Note: This article was published in "Gazelle : The Palestinian Biological Bulletin." Number 66, June 2007, pp. 14-24.
Abstract:
A new subspecies of house mouse of the genus Mus (Rodentia: Murinae) from the Gaza Strip, Palestine is described. This subspecies is distinguished from the other subspecies of Mus by its light and dark brown colouration with white big patches on the fur. The new subspecies was named Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf, 2007.
On 29.05.2007 I received an e-mail (with attached photos) from Dr. Abdel Fattah Nazmi Abd Rabou from the Biology Department, Islamic University of Gaza, Gaza Strip, Palestine.
The 2 photos showed a live “small rodent” from the Gaza Strip, Palestine. Dr. Abd Rabou asked me “for classification”. He wrote that these photos which were taken by him show a “small rodent having white spots on its back”.
Later on 06.06.2007 Dr. Abd Rabou wrote that this “patched species was caught in Beit Lahia, North Gaza in an agricultural field in 2005.”
My first impression when I saw the photos, was that of a spiny mouse (Acomys spp.), because it seemed like it was having the stiff guard hairs on its coat; but this assumption proved to be wrong.
I also thought that it could be a hybrid or a mutant rodent.
The most distinctive feature of this rodent is the light and dark brown colouration with white big patches on the fur.
Dr. Abd Rabou sent the photos also to Prof. Yoram Yom-Tov from the Zoology Department, Tel Aviv University for Identification. Prof. Yom-Tov wrote that this rodent “is a mutant (partial albino) of house mouse (Mus musculus).”
After examining the photos, and referring to many zoological references, and Middle Eastern zoologists and wildlife experts, and searching the Internet, I came finally to a conclusion that we are in front of a new subspecies of house mouse from the Gaza Strip, Palestine.
I gave it the scientific name Mus musculus gazaensis, new subspecies.
The subspecies name “gazaensis” is Latin for “Gaza”.
Mus musculus gazaensis, new subspecies:
Scientific trinomial name: Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf, 2007.
Common Name: Gaza House Mouse, Palestine House Mouse.
Location: Agricultural Field, Beit Lahia, North Gaza Strip, Palestine.
Date of capture: 2005.
Distinctive Features: The most distinctive feature is the light and dark brown colouration with white big patches on the fur. No measurements are available.
Acknowledgments: Special thanks are due to the Palestinian Zoologist Dr. Abdel Fattah Nazmi Abd Rabou from the Biology Department, Islamic University of Gaza, who sent the rodent photos for identification, and gave me the opportunity to discover a new Palestinian house mouse subspecies; and my thanks are also due to the Kuwaiti wildlife expert Eng. Abd Al-Rahman Abd Allah Al-Sirhan Al-A’try, the webmaster of the website Wildlife of Kuwait, and to Prof.
Yoram Yom-Tov from the Zoology Department, Tel Aviv University, for their valuable comments on the photos.

Référance

http://www.geocities.com/jaffacity/Gaza_House_Mouse.html
http://www.biolib.cz/en/taxon/id404778/

2GMT + 3 Heures Re: Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf le Jeu Jan 08, 2009 7:48 pm

zino

Membre hyper actif
Membre hyper actif
Merci. (malgré en anglais....)

3GMT + 3 Heures Re: Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf le Jeu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 pm

reptiles

Membre actif
Membre actif
In GAZA Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad (Allah yenserhom.....)

4GMT + 3 Heures Re: Mus musculus gazaensis Khalaf le Dim Jan 11, 2009 9:07 am

salsad

Directeur
Directeur
Amine :idea:

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://salsad.1fr1.net

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]